Sunday 9 January 2011

December & Early Jan

Pootled around in the snow & ice which was actually most enjoyable. Also started training with the backpack which isnt so easy. Early Jan picked up a nasty cold which seems to be going around. A little gutted as now have not run for a week & Chris wants me to have another week off until I am totally better. Met up with him yesterday to go through my pack. He is not keen on my Aarn but thinks the rest of my kit this far is fine! Gonna meet up again next Sat to pack bag properly & run with it stuffed to capacity for a couple of miles. Should be fun! Not.
My new years resolution is no alcohol on a school night & I am determined to stick with it for the next 3 months.
Read Rachpops blog again today & found it inspiring. I think she was probably at the same level of training as I am at the mo & she finished MdS. Lots of self talk & mind games involved I think! I feel a little happier now. I watched the Ben Fogle DVD the other night & it really scared me!
Am off to Manchester for cycle brief all week - oh deep joy so no training will be done so cold came at a "good time" really. Hope to do a nice long run next Sunday.
Just heard that my mate Jess slipped on ice & broke his ankle today. He is going to theatre later & will be in plaster for 3 months. I am so gutted for him (and me) as we were doing MdS together. Boo Hoo!

1 comment:

  1. Well done Super Woman. Absolutely great interview on BBC Somerset.
    Came over very well and your Just Giving account was very clear. A very good start to the next two weeks.
    Been Tweeting about it so if any of your friend Tweet tell them to get busy.
    I was pleased to hear Chris say it was easy really!!!!

    ReplyDelete