Monday 24 January 2011

MdS numbers


Oooh! All getting slightly scarey as my number arrived the other day. I am officially number 702!!!
Loaded up my pack with Chris Edon to do a test run checking for hotspots etc. Oh dear! Bit of a disaster. Pack bobbing all over the place & rubbing my back & neck badly. Panic setting in as I really need to start training with a bit of weight. We jigged it about a bit & did eventually get it sort of ok. I emailed Likeys too & arranged a little visit to sort it out 100% and also to get final kit checked.
Popped in to see Carole Woodhams (Perky from the forums) on way to Plymouth - mainly to return her sports bra that she so kindly lent me for the Brecons, but also for kit advice. She gave me a copy of her final kit list plus weight which is excellent, plus some good advice re: electrolytes, packing up of food, heat chamber etc. may just look into the heat chamber as it is only in Exeter Must give them a ring next week.
Did do a 1.25 mile run with 9.2kg but boy did it feel heavy. Came home after that, dropped off all bar 5lb & went out for another 11.5 miles. Felt much better, although next day my hips & knees really felt it. Just shows why overweight people struggle with their joints. Has made me really want to lose another .5 stone pre MdS.
Running club on Wednesday with a 10lb pack & did 7miles reasonably easily. Pack felt fine & quite comfy apart from small rub on neck.
Up to Likeys last Friday & they went through all my kit. Actually seemed pretty impressed at how stream lined it all was altho they made it even more so! Martin also fitted my pack properly & showed me how to adjust it etc. Hurrah!! Feeling much happier now.

No comments:

Post a Comment