Monday 24 January 2011

Gloucester Marathon - 23 Jan 11

Dreading this one. Had been hoping for a PB but on morning really didnt feel like running, cool & gloomy too. Jannine & I set off at around 07:45 for Gloucester. Arrived in good time so hot tea was order of the day!
Met lots of people doing the 50k armed with their Raidlights. Chatted to a couple, including one Mike Buss who is doing the 6333 the week prior to MdS. Nuts or what!
Set off at 10:30, and Jannine zoomed away into the ether immediately. My bladder played up as usual & I constantly needed to wee! Stupidly I also didnt take any isotonic with me so felt thirsty pretty much the whole way around. Energy levels did drop off too but thank goodness I had some jub jubs on me! Reasonable course, slightly undulating but pretty route. I was 2 hrs 07 mins by 13 miles but started struggling after that. Walked up a few of the hills & felt I was really dawdling & could feel my PB slipping away. However by the eternal 26.2 mile mark I was on 4:22, my marathon PB. This lot however didnt have the finish line until 26.62!!!! Still, did manage to achieve my PB in 4:26:15 so was still pretty chuffed.

1 comment:

  1. Nicky,A lot of good words were said about you at the AGM on Friday. Congratulations on becoming 2010 Ladies Champion.
    You missed out on the Fiona Gump award, going to Diane for completing 1181 miles in 2010.
    I'm impressed with this Blog and all the info here. I'll have to do better with my own!
    Best wishes,
    David

    ReplyDelete